Hie mal der ASUS Support für Q-Code 01.
- If nothing has changed (BIOS hasn't been updated, new drivers, new hardware or software added) then I would suspect the following:
- 1) possible PSU issue
- 2) possible RAM issue (try running just one memory module at a time for now to see if this resolves the problem)
- 3) maybe time for a clean OS install especially if you are surfing the internet with a user who is a member of the administrator group (maybe resort to another Restore Point from a few weeks ago)
- Something else to check:
- 1) Make sure BOTH the 4-Pin and 8-Pin Aux CPU Power Connectors are populated (at least the 8-Pin for now)
- 2) Maybe try populating the EZPLUG Power Connector even though you are not running dual cards
- 3) Also make sure both the 6-Pin and 8-Pin PCIe Power connectors are populated on the graphics card (I think that is what is on that card)
- 4) Also has the room temp increased lately; maybe check the CPU temps and make sure they are under 110 F.
Also nicht alle Module raus, sondern einen drin lassen. Ansonsten mal ausprobieren, was die so vorschlagen.
Falls es PSU (Netzteil) ist, mal die Last anders verteilen durch umstecken. Falls Dein Netzteil einen Leistungsumschalter hat, mal beide Stellungen ausprobieren.